Krasileva lab members in bold
13. Baggs EL, Thanki AS, O'Grady R, Schudoma C, Haerty W, Krasileva KV Convergent gene loss in aquatic plants predicts new components of plant immunity and drought response bioRxiv 2019
12. Krasileva KV "The role of transposable elements and DNA damage repair mechanisms in gene amplification and protein domain shuffling in plant genomes" Current Opinion in Plant Biology. Volume 48, April 2019, Pages 18-25 (first on PeerJ preprint)
11. From plant immunity to food security: an interview with Ksenia Krasileva BMC Biology 2018 16:123 https://doi.org/10.1186/s12915-018-0597-1
10. Bailey PC, Schudoma C, Jackson W, Baggs E, Dagdas G, Haerty W, Moscou M, Krasileva KV "Dominant integration locus drives continuous diversification of plant immune receptors with exogenous domain fusions" Genome Biology 2018 19:23 (first at bioRxiv)
In this paper, we show that NLR immune receptors with new fusions are distributed unevenly across the NLR phylogeny forming evolutionary hotspots. We also examine microsynteny and observe that NLR-IDs in grasses often form pairs with genetically linked NLRs from another clade, analogous to the RPS4/RRS1 pair in Arabidopsis.
9. Krasileva KV "Secrets of a hardy crop: New genomic resources for pearl millet are revealing how crops stand up to challenging environments" Nature Biotechnology, 35(10) Oct 2017 News and Views
8. Baggs E, Dagdas G, Krasileva KV "NLR diversity, helpers and integrated domains: making sense of the NLR IDentity" Curr Opinion in Plant Biology, 2017 38:59-67. Review
We review how plant NLR immune receptors are formed, activated and regulated on both genomic and protein level.
7. Bevan MW, Uauy C, Wulff BBH, Zhou1 J, Krasileva KV, and Clark M "Genomic Innovation for Crop Improvement" Nature, Mar 15;543(7645):346-354. Review
6. Krasileva KV, Vasquez-Gross H, Bailey P, Paraiso F, Clissold L, Howell T, Ramirez-Gonzalez R, Wang X, Ayling S, Fosker C, Phillips A, Uauy C, Dubcovsky "Uncovering hidden variation in polyploid wheat." Proceeding of National Academy of Sciences U S A, 2017 Feb 7;114(6):E913-E921
This paper described sequencing of wheat mutagenized populations, creating a publicly available resource of >10,000,000 alleles in wheat genes. www.wheat-tilling.com
5. Clavijo BJ, Venturini L, Schudoma C, Accinelli GG, Kaithakottil G, Wright J, Borrill P, Kettleborough G, Heavens D, Chapman H, Lipscombe J, Barker T, Lu FH, McKenzie N, Raats D, Ramirez-Gonzalez RH, Coince A, Peel N, Percival-Alwyn L, Duncan O, Trösch J, Yu G, Bolser DM, Namaati G, Kerhornou A, Spannagl M, Gundlach H, Haberer G, Davey RP, Fosker C, Palma FD, Phillips AL, Millar AH, Kersey PJ, Uauy C, Krasileva KV, Swarbreck D, Bevan MW, Clark MD "An improved assembly and annotation of the allohexaploid wheat genome identifies complete families of agronomic genes and provides genomic evidence for chromosomal translocations." Genome Res. 2017 May;27(5):885-896 (first on BioRxiv)
Our contribution to this paper included anchoring the wheat assembly to the genetic map, analysis of protein gene families and uncovering large scale translocations
4. Sarris PF, Cevik V, Dagdas G, Jones JD, Krasileva KV "Comparative analysis of plant immune receptor architectures uncovers host proteins likely targeted by pathogens" BMC Biology, 2016 14(1):8.
In this paper, we show that plant NLR immune receptors with integrated domains (NLR-IDs) are present across flowering plants and include variety of new protein fusions that hint at plant proteins targeted by pathogens and guarded by the immune system.
3. Petre B, Saunders DG, Sklenar J, Lorrain C, Krasileva KV, Win J, Duplessis S, Kamoun S. "Heterologous Expression Screens in Nicotiana benthamiana Identify a Candidate Effector of the Wheat Yellow Rust Pathogen that Associates with Processing Bodies" PLoS One 2016 11(2):e0149035. (first on BioRxiv)
2. Schwessinger B, Bart R, Krasileva KV and Coaker G. "Focus issue on plant immunity: from model systems to crop species." Front Plant Sci. 2015 6:195.
1. Wu CH, Krasileva KV, Banfield MJ, Terauchi R, Kamoun S. "The "sensor domains" of plant NLR proteins: more than decoys?" Front Plant Sci. 2015 6:134.